Saturday, May 29, 2010

For better or worse....

Whenever I go to weddings I reminisce on my own wedding day.... Several things did not go the way they were supposed to; Mitch forgot his white shirt for the temple and had to take the one off his brother's back, a massive, tragic car accident hindered the arrival of our friends & family (and added two hours to the trip for some!), the DJ played a Cyndi Lauper song for my dance with my Dad instead of the song we wanted, the sparklers for our exit were forgotten, and the hall saved the top of our cake-when we asked them NOT to-and lots of people didn't get cake because of it. And my favorite: My Mom, bless her heart, said she'd order a limo for us but didn't because, "They only had black limos, and black limos are for funerals."

But none of it mattered, I was marrying the love of my life.

On Memorial Day weekend, we made the trek to St. Louis, MO to see my cousin Alvin marry his wonderful fiance; Beth. Before the wedding I gave Beth the same advice Mitch's aunt offered me on our wedding day. I said, "Regardless of what happens, just remember, the cake, the party, none of it matters, only the promises you make to each other do."

I wonder if that advice ran through Beth's head when she found out the fly on Alvin's tux was stuck permanently in the down position & there was no way to fix it ... or after his wedding ring didn't fit his finger when they exchanged vows. Maybe she reflected on it for a moment after her limo caught on fire or when she found out her wedding cake collapsed before the reception even began. Either way, Beth smiled and laughed through the whole day.... and I know why!

She was married to the love of her life.

Congrats you two! We love you!
Hope the honeymoon was more relaxing than the wedding!....

At the church, lighting the Unity Candle

Now we know why people use bubbles instead of bird seeds! These two were picking bird seeds out of who knows where for days!

Baby Bex & Tia Ivee

They're both so cute, I couldn't choose!

Tia Meli & Baby Bex bustin' a move at the reception

Mom in a photo? No way!

3 Generations of Gorgeous Garcia Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment