Friday, February 26, 2010

Date Night!... Or Afternoon....



Mitch & I decided long before little Bexley showed up that we would continue to have time to ourselves AT LEAST once a month. I just love date night & being able to spend one-on-one time with my handsome hubby. This month he took me to "DREAMGIRLS".... the musical, NOT the strip club all you Ohio natives are thinking about!

While we were there, I sent a text to my friend Karla Mosley. She was in a production of DREAMGIRLS in Texas, so I texted her a message that said "Just thinking of you! We're seeing DREAMGIRLS in Columbus today!" But, when I went to send it I realized I wasn't sending it to Karla- I ALMOST sent it to a guy named Karl from our church! This probably would have been a funnier story if I had actually sent the text... but we probably spared Karl a heart attack!
I had a great afternoon and Mitch got to catch up on his "beauty sleep" at the show- a definite win-win situation! . Can't wait till "Wicked" comes to town!



The girls we asked to take this picture of us decided it would be cool to wait for the "DREAMGIRLS" sign in the picture. So we waited, and waited in this pose until it showed up again. I think there are ten other shows coming to this theater cause it took awhile! Mitch left his jacket in the car and it was VERY cold and windy-Check out the sign.... Was it worth the wait or what?... I think the answer is "Or what!"

1 comment:

  1. Amanda! I'd love for you to join the book group. We have a group on facebook called "Columbus Book Group" (It's private, so I think you have to ask to join? But I'd let you in of course. Also, we're meeting at my house next thursday on the eleventh to pick the books for this year (more details on the group, or you can just email through my profile if you don't get on facebook, and I can send you the info.)

    I have to agree with you - the sign in the picture is "or what" but that's fun you went to a musical together!

    ReplyDelete